The City Collections department is a very diverse section of the Utility Department with several functions. The department receipts and processes most of the City's revenue in the data system related to the function codes and ordinances applicable. For those interested in starting a business or obtaining a type of business license, the Collections department is the best place to start for consultation.
Fort Smith Downtown Parking Permits
Long term, meter parking permits can be obtained from the City Collections offices for $32.98 per month. These parking permits cover parking at meters designated by the green band on the meter pole and allow vehicles to be parked 24/7, as long as the permit is clearly shown. The locations of green-band street locations include:
- North A Street from 5th to 9th Street
- North 9th Street from Garrison Avenue to North A Street
- South 9th Street from Garrison Avenue to Rogers Avenue
- North 10th Street from Garrison Avenue to North A Street
- South 4th Street from Garrison Avenue to Parker Avenue
- South 5th Street from Garrison Avenue to Rogers Avenue
- Rogers Avenue from 3rd Street to 5th Street
Parking permits for the parking deck at 701 Rogers Avenue across from the Hotel (Double Tree by Hilton of Fort Smith) can also be purchased here for $43.90 per month. There are 330 total parking spaces within the parking deck. Like the green-band permits, these allow vehicles to be parked 24/7. However, these differ from the green-band permits in that each permit is assigned to one parking spot. Again, please make sure the permit is clearly shown. If you, or your business, would like to lease multiple parking spaces, please contact the City Collections office.